Most candles being purchased today are made with paraffin wax, which is a petroleum-based by-product of refined gasoline. Many studies have been conducted, and have concluded that carcinogens released into the air by paraffin wax candles can be as dangerous to the heart, lungs, and nervous system as second hand cigarette smoke. These carcinogens are very close to those of gasoline burning in a car. A soy wax candle does not release these carcinogens and this is only one of the advantages of soy wax. Some other benefits of soy wax candles, versus paraffin wax candles include:
• Soy wax candles burn slower than paraffin wax candles, and burn more uniform. They can last up to 50% longer than paraffin candles.
• Soy candles produce less soot - Soot should be avoided because it is very unhealthy and can eventually coat furniture and walls. Soy candles produce about 90% less soot that paraffin candles.
• Soy candles are non-toxic and never contain any herbicides or pesticides.
• Wax spills are easy to clean - It's very difficult to remove paraffin wax from furniture or textiles. Soy wax spills can easily be cleaned up with hot soapy water.
• When a fragranced soy candle burns, the air stays very clean and toxin free, the scent from the soy wax candle diffuses properly and easily, and is not covered by any other odor. A lot of the candles used in aromatherapy are made from soy for this very reason.
On top of these benefits, by burning soy candles, you are actually contributing to the reduction of our dependency on crude oil, as well as promoting the care of the environment by using plants that are not exhausted.
It's no wonder that candle consumers are starting to prefer all natural candles compared to petroleum based paraffin wax candles. Candle lovers in general are intelligent, environmentally oriented people who appreciate simple beauty. When they become aware that they have a choice in candle products between a pure wax made from soybeans compared to a wax made from a nonrenewable source such as petroleum (potentially coming from the oil wells in the middle east), they would choose the soy wax based candle each time. Especially since the quality is much better for the soy candle.
Candles are available in the following scents:
Picture #1 - Eucalyptus Mint & Cocoa Kisses
Picture #2 - Wild Watermelon & Vanilla Walnut Picture #3 - Apricot Chamomile
& Lavender Citrus
Candles are approx. 12-14 oz. and are $10 each for candles alone. Scents will vary on occasion. To add ribbon and personalized tags, candles are $12 each. Discounts available for orders of 50 or more.